Happy New Year! It certainly looks like it will be a great year for Horizon Watersports, we just can't wait for the summer to start. Here's a teeny snippet of news about our plans....and then watch this space for the BIG NEWS launch in February.
1) The first exciting news to share is that we're getting a new bean bag this summer - what more could you want - more bean bags, more comfort, more smiles!
2) Hannah Kilroy who has worked as our Beach Supervisor for 2 years will be coming back in 2017 as our Centre Manager! Thanks Hannah - we can't wait!
3) Remi Lees our resident happy man and linguist guru will be stepping up to the role of Beach Supervisor. Remi has been with us since the day we opened, so it's great to see him now running the beach.
4) Our Instructor Training courses are selling well. Our May Windsurf course is full and we have 6 places left on the August course. We have just 2 places left on the June Dinghy Instructor course and only 4 places left on the Multi-Activity & Work Experience course in September. Lets hope we can fill all the courses and ensure these great opportunities don't go to waste!
5) We are building a much needed new workshop - probably more exciting for the staff than the guests - but hey, news is news!
6) Powerboat tuition proved a great success last year, with several locals and tourists embracing the chance to learn about powerboat safety. It's such a great fun sport, as long as it's done properly. This year we will be launching our own little 'killcord' campaign to encourage all boat users to wear their safety killcord, a simple yet lifesaving safety device that is often overlooked by complacent boaters.
7) Paddle boarding was another hugely popular sport in 2016, so we are increasing our stock of boards and offering great deals on offsite hires. Offsite hires allow you to take the boards away from our centre and enjoy them at your villa, on your yacht or even stowed in your car for adventures further afield. They deflate and stow in a car easily. Offsite hires were very busy last year, so we advise booking early!
8) Next weekend sees our first carboot sale of the winter - all in aid of our FREE instructor training courses for disadvantaged 18 - 24 year olds. Let's hope we can raise even more than the £100 we raised last year!
The BIG NEWS will be out next month.....miss it, miss out!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!